Saturday, June 28, 2014

Blessings in Bolivia


Saludos de Bolivia! It's been almost a week, and it is such a joy to be back. My team has been packing our days with cross cultural training, prep for the Ayore camp next week, exploring Santa Cruz, and learning and performing a skit at the university with CCU (Comunidad Cristiana Universitaria). The days are long, but the week has flown by!

Today, we assisted a church in hosting their Bible school for kids in their community. I saw Pablo, my Bolivian brother in Christ, teach our group of kids the good news of Jesus and the importance of sharing God's word. Afterwards we performed our skit for them, and then gave out balloons and blew bubbles with them. So much fun! And so neat to witness the truth of God being taught in another part of the world!

Tomorrow we head out to the Ayore camp! I would really appreciate your prayers - a lot of spiritual warfare surrounds the work South America Mission and our Global Projet teams have done putting on these camps for the girls. But I'm so blessed to be a part of this again this year, and I'm excited to see familiar faces! We visited an Ayore community this morning, and one of the girls who is 15 and went through the camps and was recently married said that because of the camps and learning about Jesus, she has chosen a different path. And other girls in that community have made the decision to wait until they are 15 to get married. (Getting married very young is incredibly common among the Ayore.) So exciting to know that the work being done with the Ayore for God's glory is making an impact!

Life is such an adventure. And I am so blessed that my adventure brought me here.
(A picture from last year's campamento)

No comments:

Post a Comment